Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 8 month olds bottom jaw trembles sometimes. Just started

Customer Question
about 2 weeks ago. He...
My 8 month olds bottom jaw trembles sometimes. Just started about 2 weeks ago. He will also hold his arms out straight and rigid sometimes too. He's kinda always done this. He was a preemie and twin born at 33 weeks. No health issues
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
7/14/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
How many times does it happen per day?
Does it occur every day?
At which time does it occur mostly?
How is his growth?
It doesn't happen every day and in 2 weeks I've maybe only seen him do it 4 times. The arm thing is only when he's in his swing and can't really be mobile and it just seems like he extends them and shakes them a little like he's excited.His growth is great.
At his 6 MO check up he was 18.6 pounds, 26.25" length and head circumference was 45cm.He had torticolis when born and has a minor flat spot on his left side. Other than that has been very normal. He's super active.Most times when I've noticed the jaw shaking I have been changing him, so I don't know if he's just cold, but he's done it once when I didn't think he was cold.
Was only 5.5 at birth.
My husband said he did the arm thing on the floor a couple times
Thank you for the input.
Extension of arms with shaking a little, jaw trembling can be from cool feeling.
On floor he can feel cold & tremble.
Other probables are infantile spasm or seizure.
Calcium or electrolyte deficiency can be factors too.
As the growth is good, risk of seizure is less.
However, I would to advise to get him an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish his healthy life.
Regards.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician