DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified general medicine
Experience:  Treat babies to elderly with medical and integrative therapies; all situations; innovative treatment
24257177

I have a three month old who I thought was badly teething

Customer Question

Hi, I have a three month old who I thought was badly teething and has been for a month. She has had all the symptoms, buckets of drool, hand going in her mouth, chomping on my fingers but the pain is coming from the back so I thought we have been unlucky to have her molars come through however while putting on teething gel whilst dealing with her being in pain I noticed a hard lump on the roof of her mouth right at the back near her gums but don't think its a tooth. I managed after some time to have a look that far and saw a white lump. shes in alot of distress and I dont know what to do or how to help her?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
You need to take her in to be examined.
A hard lump is not normal and might be an abscess.
It might simply be bone.
No way to say without exam.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I take her to the hospital or the doctors? Doctors I will have to wait until monday
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
If it appears to be getting tender, causing pain, getting larger, or if there is fever go to the hospital now.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.