Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter started a new medication today, Buspirone, 5 mg.

Customer Question
She took it at 12:30pm...
My daughter started a new medication today, Buspirone, 5 mg. She took it at 12:30pm. It said to contact your doctor right away if she gets a fever. Of course, she got a fever at 9pm tonight. It's currently at 101.7.
Should I take more action (i.e. go to the ER)? or let her sleep?
Other symptoms included headache, fatigue, and nausea (which went away when she ate). These are all normal side-effects that are listed.
Thank you!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Her fever is now at 102.3 so it's climbing. When should I be really worried?
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/2/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hello, Please take to ER for a BP check and give tylenol. One side effect is rise in BP.

Drug action is slower and may take weeks for action to start. Please consult your treating psychiatrist for change to another drug.