Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter stuck her finger in car cigarette lighter. Very…

Customer Question
My daughter stuck her finger...
My daughter stuck her finger in car cigarette lighter. Very odd looking. Brown with blister. Should I just have her hold it under cold water and wrap with gauze?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
7/1/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
Your requested expert was not available.
So there was a delay in answering your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
Yes, you can wash & clean it with cool water.
You can apply neosporin antibacterial cream to prevent infection.
You may keep it wrapped in sterile gauze.
As it has involved finger, I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
Doctor can clean it properly & prescribe oral antibiotics, if he feels necessary.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.