Dr. Ficus, MD
Dr. Ficus, MD, Pediatrician
Experience:  17 years in private practice in the U.S.
45319925

I have a 4 month old baby. He is primarily breast fed,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 4 month old baby. He is primarily breast fed, but i need to supplement. I supplement may be 2 oz a day 3 times a week. I accidently for a few weeks was supplementing with organic toddler formula instead of infant formula. Is there any substantial side effect.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Ficus, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Thank you for requesting me! Don't be concerned, you've done no harm to your baby. There is a difference between toddler and infant formulas (with respect to the amounts of certain vitamins/minerals/protein etc) but in those small amounts your baby will be fine. I would from this point forward use an infant formula and not the toddler, but there's no worry that you've done your baby any harm. Please feel free to contact me again if you have further questions!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you so much, because i have been seriously shaking since i realized what i did with the formula. Thank you again you really just made feel so much better.
I know exactly what you mean! It's terrible to think you might have done something that could harm your baby! So glad I could help!