Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has several bug bites on her torso(noticed those…

Customer Question
My daughter has several bug...
My daughter has several bug bites on her torso(noticed those on Sunday) She now has developed rashes on her armpits-- she also has swimmers ear that seems to be clearing up after 2 days of perscription drops--- her temp is 99--- ??? not sure what to do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
6/3/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you need to see a doctor to assess her rashes.
often after swimming, if you don't wash off chlorine or pool water, you can get rashes in the arm pits and behind the knees from irritation from pool water.
cortisone creams can help.
she should stay out of the water until her rashes and temp get better
if she doesn't dry off well after swimming, fungal infections can also form under the arm pits and cause rash as well
you should see a doctor to look at the rashes for her and see if it is eczema or a fungal infection rash possibly.
let me know if you have questions.