Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has been sick 3 days with fever and cough on and…

Customer Question
My daughter has been sick...
My daughter has been sick 3 days with fever and cough on and off took her to the ER says something viral nothing was prescriped next day took her to her pediatric did urine test which she has uti and now she's on antibiotics her fever now is 101.8 don't know what else to do
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
My daughter started complaining her tummy hurts for a little bit nothing mayor but she fell asleep.
5/27/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
How old is she?
Which part of the tummy does hurt?
Did you give fever reducing medicine? If so, which one? when?
How many doses of antibiotic did she take till now?
She's 4 yrs old and in the center of her stomach. Nothing today started with antibiotics last night.
One doses...
Thank you for the input.
Fever may continue for a few days.
Give her Tylenol or Motrin if the temperature rises to 101 or above.
Do not give Motrin in empty stomach.
Give it along with some food or after food.
Antibiotic can take 2-3 days to have its effect.
It has been started last night only.
Usually supportive measures are needed.
Please keep good hydration.
Rest and sleep are good.
Give her liquid, semisolid food.
In fever, urinary infection more fluid is needed.
If the pain abdomen increases or her symptoms get worse, I would suggest to get her an examination by doctor again.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician