Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My freinds little boy has been having urges to pee but when…

Customer Question
my freinds little boy has...
my freinds little boy has been having urges to pee but when he goes not a lot comes out, she's had him tested for infection and none shown, could it be a prostate prob even in a 5/6 year old?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/22/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
Since when is he having the symptom?
Did he have any other test?
Hello again,
I just noticed that you have gone offline.
I am writing the answer.
If you have any question after reading this answer, please feel free for follow up query.
Infection is the most common cause of frequent urge to urinate.
He has been tested for it.
Diabetes can also occur in this age. I think blood tests did not find any such.
Prostate problem is unlikely here but there can be anatomical changes in the urinary tract.
Stone in the bladder can cause an irritation.
An ultrasound examination of bladder, kidney can be taken.
Allergy to soap, pinworm can cause an irritation.
Sometimes, no cause can be detected. Stress can be the factor of it. Over times it goes away.
Voiding dysfunction can occur too in this age group. The child may not completely pass urine when he goes to toilet. In that case proper toilet training will be required.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish his healthy life.
Regards.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician