Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My daughter had to take tamiflu when she was 2 years old and

Customer Question
Hi Dr, my daughter had...
Hi Dr, my daughter had to take tamiflu when she was 2 years old and when we did her blood work following that,, she had Nrbc count of 1. Pediatrician didnt seem concerned and did not order repeat lab to check anything. But it has me worrying about it. My daughter is now 3 year old. Is there anything I need to worry about or go for follow up lab work or expert advise. My daughter has some food allergies like milk, egg and walnuts but otherwise she is ok.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/19/2015
Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
This is Dr. David
no, there is no long term worries about blood counts and no long term side effects from Tamiflu that you need to worry about.
she should just see her regular pediatrician for regular annual wellness checks
best of luck to you and her
let me know if you have other questions.
What about NRBC count being 1 ? I have been reading about it and it seems that even that low of number 1/100 should be taken seriously. Is she at risk of having or developing any serious illness ?
nucleated red blood cells at 1% can be caused by bad infections such as the flu or severe inflammation
you can get it checked again now
I bet it will be zero for her now.
she is not at risks for future problems from this one nRBC at 1%.
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician