Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My girls ages 5-9 have sensitive skin suffer from insect

bites and as a result...
my girls ages 5-9 have sensitive skin suffer from insect bites and as a result always gets a gland what can I do to help get rid of that condition
9/18/2013
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Hello & welcome!
If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.
I am sorry to hear about your girls' problems
I would recommend that you should try to do the following things that will help
1. Prevent bites by using full length clothes especially when going out,
2. Use a good insect repellent cream whenever going out
3. Immediately at the time of an insect bite, apply calamine lotion liberally
4. Given an anti-allergic like cetirizine, again soon after any bite, before the swelling starts to increase
5. Sometimes in case of a severe reaction, it may be appropriate to use a mild steroid cream locally.
6. If these steps do not help, then an allergy consultation for desensitization may be considered to reduce the local reaction,
Do get back for any clarifications, please leave a positive feedback if the advice was helpful,
Warm regards
Dr Gupta
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician