Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

Can I really ask a simple question, simply?

8/26/2013
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you.
When did she have last culture?
For how many days did she take the antibiotic?

Culture - I think it was a week ago. I'm waiting on office to call and I'll ask if it was run and grew any goodies.

Amox 10 days.

I don't believe it's anxiety.

No lower back pain (kidney), no vomit, no diahreehhhaaa (sp).

Last week thyroid and all clear.

Ever hear of NAET muscle testing acupressure? Stop laughing.

I found this link via the "my six year old has strep b" on here a year ago w/ dr. beano or so. His started as pimples.

Just to ask, why NAET?
Did doctor suggest it?
Did doctor mention about anxiety?
What are her symptoms now?
Do you suspect Group B strep infection?

NAET - A friend's daughter was cleared of her latex allergy. And I am a believer that health is a 4-D puzzle. Every perspective is helpful - and even Western meds of "this hormone may cause breast cancer, this poop pill may cause poop, this anti-depress may 'cause' suicide" is a much mumbo jumbo as ancient Eastern med, home remedies and the like. I'm big into placebos too. And I believe I've caused herniated a disc with anger and a sneeze. I've caused IBS through self-doubt and fear at work. Doc was spot on on my known allergies via her blind voodoo test. And she "cleared" kenna of a corn allergy that we didn't know about. She has ADD issues - the girl kind. And I know allergies present in different ways. AND THIS DOC scoffs at this but the latex-healed gal is his patient as well.

He said I was "braking up all the right trees" when all of the above plus reduce calories and increase fitness.

Anxiety is a norm before school starts - exp. with the ADD focaline he prescribes. She's not been on it this summer and she's had NO side effects of it. She's had girl drama in the hood but this discomfort is sun up to sun down - except when she's doing something active/fun. It wasn't in bed or lethargic or fever.

I only suspect Strep B because last time it looked like the start of her menes, but no more bleeding away from the toilet, so UTI. My mom is a nurse and has suprapubic cath because of chronic UTI (bladder stenosis etc etc etc etc.). So this looks like UTI but have to culture.

Constant belly discomfort.

Frequency.

2 blood clots in toilet yesterday.

cloudy and strands. i've had her pee into a glass jar since yesterday afternoon so I could see with my own eyes.

Did she have any ultrasound examination of bladder or urinary tract?
Precisely, which tests were taken so far?

Odor too.

Piss and culture. x2

I don't care to go to primary pedi today - but a head start on a 3-d culture is progress. Nurse said it'll take a month to get to a urologist.

Not with my faith. Good things - like cancellations - work for me when someone else has something more important that comes up.

No success looking for pedi uro in my area. I should go to downtown dallas / ft worth kid specialists. Just not sure what kind of specialist. maybe i make the 3 appts and cancel 2.

thank you for your help.

Hello Andrea,
Thank you for all the inputs.
I understand your anxiety.
I am sorry for her symptoms.
Yes, you are right that medicine is a vast subject with lots of unsettled issues.
Now the trend is to follow evidence based medicine, based on results of studies, research.
Many medicines were first developed from herbs & improved & refined thereafter.
I have heard of NAET but I do not have any practical experience with it.
From her urine appearance, symptoms it can be a recurrence of infection.
A repeat culture would be helpful.
Sometimes, a culture soon after an antibiotic course can come negative.
Vesicoureteral reflux can be a factor.
Blood in urine can come from infection.
It can come from a stone too.
An ultrasound examination of abdomen would be helpful in that regard.
I would have suggest an evaluation by a pediatric urologist.
If urologist does not find any abnormality, an examination by a gynecologist can be taken.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask & continue conversation by using reply button.
This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service here. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!”
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

THANK YOU!!! (And so inquire about the NAET just for fun. There is some real results out there. Some.)

Have a great day and thanks for choosing to help people in this way. My "simply?" inquiry was disbelief that there were services like this. Thank God. Well worth the $$!!

You are always welcome.
Sometimes it takes time to come to a precise diagnosis.
Best wishes for your daughter.
I will pray for her early recovery.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician