How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A. Clark Your Own Question
Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 4437
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Dr. A. Clark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are moving to Houston from the UK and I would like to

This answer was rated:

We are moving to Houston from the UK and I would like to avoid having my daughter immunised to enter school. How can avoid it?
Dr. A. Clark :

Hello. I'm Dr. Clark and happy to assist you. I see you posted on chat and went offline so let me go ahead and give you a reply and then you may ask questions when you return.

Dr. A. Clark :

In Texas, immunizations are taken very seriously by the state as well as public and private schools. While I disagree wholeheartedly with your stance on putting your daughter at risk by not having her immunized, I respect your right to do so even though your child is not of age to make her own decision.

Dr. A. Clark :

You can apply for a waiver from the state at this website:

Dr. A. Clark :

This is not a guarantee that the state will issue the waiver, which is required for your child to enter any school, public or private, as well as camps, sports teams, etc. but this is where you need to start.

Dr. A. Clark :

Let me also refer you to the Texas Pediatric Society website link regarding immunizations where you might find information regarding this very serious decision that you were not aware of perhaps:

Dr. A. Clark :

I hope you find my advice helpful and in any case, welcome to Texas and I wish you and your family well.


Of course you disagree. I asked to have my question reviewed by a naturopathic doctor. I am well aware of how an MD would look at this.Thank you anyway for responding.

Dr. A. Clark and other Pediatrics Specialists are ready to help you