Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

I have a four year old boy that has always had frequent

colds. We recently found...
I have a four year old boy that has always had frequent colds. We recently found out that he has allergies as well, which he is currently being treated for. Tonight he has fever between 99 - 102. He has swollen throat with red spots on throat and tongue. He is also vomitting.
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2013
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Dr. SS :

Greetings,

Dr. SS :

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. SS :

I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you.

Dr. SS :

How many times did he vomit?

Dr. SS :

Please reply.

Dr. SS :

How is stool?

Dr. SS :

How is urine output?

Dr. SS :

Does he have any breathing difficulty?

Dr. SS :

Did you give any medicine now?

Dr. SS :

Please reply to those queries so that I can answer better.

Dr. SS :

I am changing to question & answer format as it seems there is a problem with chat.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Hello again,

I was waiting for your reply.

Without further information from you, I am writing the answer.

There is likely to be an infection in the throat.

Viral or bacterial infection can be there.

In high fever, there can be vomiting.

Infection can also cause it.

In case of frequent vomiting he can develop dehydration.

Please watch his urine output.

In dehydration it can decrease.

He needs an examination by doctor.

He can need a few tests like throat swab, blood count.

Please try to give oral rehydration solution like pedialyte, equalyte in sips.

In this way he can tolerate fluid & prevent dehydration.

Tylenol can be given for fever.

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Warm regards.

Sorry to delay the answers to your questions. He has vomited 3 times in the last six hours. He has not had a bowel movement today yet and urine output is minimal. No difficuty breathing. The only medicine so far has been Tylenol and Chloraseptic for the pain wben swallowing. His throat hurts so badly to swallow it is difficult to get him to drink. It seems the glands in his throat are swollen as well. Pending your hresponse I will start him on pedialyte.

Thank you for the input.
Please try to push pedialyte as his urine output is minimal.
Start with small amount.
Tylenol is good.
It will take care of pain in the throat.
Please keep him at rest.
Mono needs to be ruled out.
I would suggest to consult doctor to have an examination in the morning.

I rated the first answer andthen could not rate the otherw without paying an additional 18$. As I explained my doctor's bills are so high for the cancer that I am almost in foreclosure. I would love to rate you excellent the two more times on the screen, but can't pay 18$ two more times. You have been awesome. We will get him to a doctor in the morning I just wanted to get an idea if he would be safe through the night.

Thank YOU again!!!

You are always welcome.
I am very sorry for your own health condition.
I am happy that you have given me an excellent rating.
I do not need any more rating for the second answer.
I understand your situation.
God bless you.
Wish your son's early recovery.

Thanks again, you are wonderful. May God bless.

Wish your son's early recovery.
Best regards.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician