Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

8 year old boy severe headache and eyes hurt?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2010
Pediatrician: Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor replied 7 years ago
Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D. :

Hello, I am sorry your son is ill. When did symptoms start? What is his temperature? Any vomiting or other symptoms? Thanks,

Customer:

he was sick and throwing up christmas day, but no temp. then he was alright sunday and ate some and drank some.monday his eyes started hurting and started getting headaches. he isn't running a temp tonight and he threwup a hour ago

Louise Sivak, M.D. :

Thanks. If headache and vomiting persist, particularly without fever suggesting infection, recommend your son be seen in person immediately by his pediatrician. Headache and vomiting are concerning for meningitis or an intracranial mass. Must be seen in person. Please follow up with more questions if you have them. Best,

Customer:

ok we'll do it now

Louise Sivak, M.D. :

All best.

Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor