Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

14 1/2 old male who after sitting cannot get self up if he…

Customer Question
14 1/2 old male who...
14 1/2 old male who after sitting cannot get self up if he falls over, just crawling dragging right leg, or rolls to objects and is thin and some choking with foods
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
6/29/2010
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hello JC,

You have to assess the full gamut of milestones, and when he first acquired them - like smiling when called by 2-3 months' age, sitting without support by 7 months etc.

How is his weight chart from birth to now, length, head circumference, speech? Full neurologic evaluation also should be made by pediatric neurologist if there is asymmetrical power in two lower limbs. His thyroid assay must have been done at birth.

Does he sit with a curved back or the spine remains erect? In case of former, he may be evaluated for nutritional rickets also.

Babies who had initial milestones delayed, generally have this trend continuing later in childhood also.