Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 7 year old little girl has a hot spot all around her anus…

Customer Question
My 7 year old little...
My 7 year old little girl has a hot spot all around her anus and white dots that look like little pimples and a ring around her anus as well. She complains that it hurts. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
6/28/2010
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.
Please let me know a little more about the symptoms to answer you better. When did it develop? How large is the hot spot? Please write about the ring in detail.

Regards.
the spots are like the size of little warts or pimples they are pretty scattered maybe a dozen or so
the ring is around the anus, a bit away from the actual
it seems to come on when she has a bit of a heat rash
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain your condition. The pimples sound that they are due to infection of bacteria. These are infection likely to be due to folliculitis. If the pimples are small , they can clear off by itself like by applying moist warm compress & keeping the area clean. But the hot spot can be due to formation of abscess . An examination by doctor should be taken. Oral antibiotics can be needed. You can apply bacitracin or neosporin creams meanwhile.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish her healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
is this some type of fungus? should i pu more of a lotrimin creme??
Though in that area, fungal infection is possible, they can be associated. Fungal infection does not look like hot spot with white dots in the centre. It is more likely to be folliculitis or bacterial infection.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.