Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

MY BABY OF 8 MONTHS HAS A RED RASH WITH TINY BUMPS, (NO PUS)

Customer Question
THAT COMES AND GOES AROUND...
mY BABY OF 8 MONTHS HAS A RED RASH WITH TINY BUMPS, (NO PUS) THAT COMES AND GOES AROUND HER EYES. vERY UNSIGHTLY BUT DOESNT SEEM TO BOTHER HER. SHE'S HAD IT SINCE SHE WAS 6 MONTHS. SOME DAYS, IT'S NOT VERY NOTCIEABLE AND WITHIN HOURS, IT;S VERY BAD. ANY IDEAS?One doctor has said it's baby eczema while a paediatrician said it was a low grade infection. both prescribed medication but no improvement.Hydrocortisone for the baby eczema and fusathalmic cream for the low grade infection
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
6/25/2010
Pediatrician: Doctor DanB, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty) replied 8 years ago
Doctor DanB
Doctor DanB, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)

Hello and thank you for your question. Unfortunately without pictures of the rash, it's difficult to make this diagnosis based solely on history. An infantile eczema-type of rash on the face and/or around the eyes is not an uncommon skin reaction in a light-skinned, fair-haired baby and can follow this type of time-frame you described.

The key with eczema is to keep it cool, clean and dry and try and avoid the baby scratching it or sleeping with their head against pillows or blankets because this warm, moist heat can exacerbate. For flare-ups the hydrocortisone cream is useful, but if it is more constant she may need to see a dermatologist for more targeted therapy.

Does this help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
I already gave the symtoms and the solutions of other doctors. i don't need to hear the same explanation again when it is clearly not the answer.
Pediatrician: Dr. Moscatel, Board Certified Pediatrician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Moscatel
Dr. Moscatel, Board Certified Pediatrician
Sorry you were not happy with the answer given previously but he is right. It may not be what you want to hear, but the explanation he gave is the correct one. You ought to pay someone for their time even if you have it in your mind that you want some magical advice. The best person for your child to see is a pediatric dermatologist. If you have already done this and still are not happy- seek the opinion of a second pediatric dermatologist. Good luck to you...
Dr. Moscatel
No need for the attitude. I will pay but won't be using your services again
ok