Dr. Moscatel
Dr. Moscatel, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  Double Board Certified: Internal Medicine & Pediatrics, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
20031379

Just noticed a small seemingly superficial bump on my son's

Customer Question

Just noticed a small seemingly superficial bump on my son's neck when he turns his head in the left side. He has just recently (in January) had a nodule removed indicated to be fibrodipose tissue. Do we need to go in and have this too looked at???
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Moscatel replied 8 years ago.
If this nodule looks similar in appearance to the one that was excised in January, you need to have your pediatrician take a look at it, to determine whether or not this needs a biopsy as well. If it looks small, and feels rubbery when you touch it, and is move-able, non-painful, it is likely a normal lymph node. If it gets bigger quickly, like within a week or two, it ought to be looked at. Hope this helps...