Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a two year old who seems to have some kind of allergy…

Customer Question
I have a two year...
I have a two year old who seems to have some kind of allergy to a food. Have given him benedryl, he is breathing okay, clogged up but not the throat, he has hives all over his body and is itchy, do i need to take him in or let the benedryl kick in.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2010
Pediatrician: Dr. K., Board Certified Pediatrician replied 8 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified Pediatrician
Any lip swelling?
His lip is a little swollen on the inside
Go IMMEDIATELY to the ER. It would be preferable if you called an ambulance if this is available in your area. This is anaphylaxis and is potentially life threatening.