Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I am going through fertility treatment and just now read…

Customer Question
I am going through fertility...
I am going through fertility treatment and just now read about the dangers of amalgam fillings when my filling just popped out - I had it fixed immediately, but wonder whether I may have done any damage to my growing follicles or if I should have my other 3 fillings removed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
6/15/2010
Pediatrician: Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician replied 8 years ago
Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you. The amount of mercury in older fillings is negligible and therefore I don't know of any recommendation that fillings be replaced, other than when they are cracked or damaged. Cold water fish (tuna, salmon, etc) contain far more mercury and thus should be avoided but I would not be worried about your fillings.