Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

What type of shots do my eleven year old need to take for a

Customer Question
yearly check up. I heard...
what type of shots do my eleven year old need to take for a yearly check up. I heard about staff infections what type of shot do he need to take to prevent a deadly infections
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/7/2009
Pediatrician: Dr. Nelson, Pediatrician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Nelson
Dr. Nelson, Pediatrician
HelloCustomer

In the US, the immunization schedule for the 11 year old visit includes a shot against tetanus and whooping cough (Tdap), a shot against a type of bacterial meningitis (Menactra) and for girls, a shot against cervical cancer or HPV (Gardasil). If your child's shots aren't up to date for their age, there may be others that they need to catch up, like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A or Chicken Pox.

There is not a vaccine against Staph infections, but the shots that are due are all to prevent other types of deadly infections.

Thanks,
dr.nelson
Dr. Nelson
Dr. Nelson
Dr. Nelson, Pediatrician