How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeffrey Your Own Question
Jeffrey, Doctor
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 87
Experience:  Board Certified in Family Practice, extensive experience in Emergency department medicine
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Jeffrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 9 year old son is still pooping in his pants. Sometimes

Resolved Question:

My 9 year old son is still pooping in his pants. Sometimes also pees in his pants. I give him Myralax daily in juice and sit him down every day on the potty. He also has tics and speech issues due to a lack of proper breathe support? Could these all be related? How can I stop him from going in his pants? I''m at the end of my rope.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Jeffrey replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomerand thank you for allowing me the opportunity to discuss this with you. There are many things going on here that are concerning to me. I do believe that they are all related. I believe that he may have some form of emotional disorder that is causing all of these behaviors. Has he seen a child psychologist? This would be my first thought as the other issues are mostly psychological. Has he seen his family doctor or pediatrics doctor? Have you addressed these things with them? I would take him in and have a complete evaluation completed.

As far as stopping him from going in his pants, whether it is a bowel movement or urination, it is very difficult for you to stop this. Any type of method that you are trying to do will only cause him more emotional distress. What needs to happen is that he needs to see the doctors there and start some behavior modification. This is a difficult and frustrating problem and I wish you all the best with it. You can overcome this,but first you need to find the proper diagnosis and then get started on the proper treatment. Good luck and thanks again for allowing me to answer this most distressing question.

Dr Jeff

Jeffrey and other Pediatrics Specialists are ready to help you