Parenting

Have parenting questions? Ask a parenting counselor for answers

My step son argues with me about everything I say. I'm tired…

Customer Question
My step son argues...

My step son argues with me about everything I say

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I'm tired of it and want to say something in a loving way

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

He seems very territorial with his dad. Like he doesn't want me here . However, I try to treat him the same as I would my children

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Parenting
11/25/2017
Parenting Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 9 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is JOHN. Honestly, it sounds like your issue is with your husband as much it is with your son, if not more. Your husband is the solution at least. He needs to let his son know that when he is disrespectful to you, it is the same as disrespecting him. If you try to take care of it directly, you liable to just make it worse. Does that make sense?
I hope I was a help to you. Will you do me a favor and give me a five star rating for my answer so I can be paid for it. If you have any comments or questions please post them here. I want to help you.Thank you!