Parenting

Have parenting questions? Ask a parenting counselor for answers

I have a 3 year old daughter, she is so intelligent,

outgoing etc etc. But, sometimes...
I have a 3 year old daughter, she is so intelligent, outgoing etc etc. But, sometimes I just feel like I have no idea how to approach parenting her. I work constantly and am so exhausted by the time I pick her up from school. I do engage with her, especially verbally and am always trying to be empathetic. But, sometimes I feel like I don't know how to help shape her into a successful adult
9/22/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Your worries are completely normal and I am sure you are doing a fine job. Kids thrive with love, empathy and compassion...it is the time together that helps shape kids and gives them safety and security in the world. Parenting is exhausting for sure...find the time, and it doesn't need to be hours on end, but where you take that time to connect..read to her, play with her, cuddle with her and do simple, fun things together on weekends....this love and time together helps her to feel loved and safe and also gives her resilience and independence to take on the world as she gets older.

I await your thoughts.

You have two open questions with me...as you are aware, I do not receive credit for my support without a positive rating so I would appreciate it if you could offer the ratings on both questions. Thanks.

Jen

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC