Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

I am recently divorce with a one year old. I am battling

Customer Question

I am recently divorce with a one year old. I am battling with the decision to go back to work. There are several things to consider. 1. i am currently living in a paid for apt. until January. 2. do i get a part time job to stay at home with my child. 3. do i get a full time job so i can make money to give us a rich future. 4. do i find a stay at home job. I need to figure out what is best for us. I want to stay at home with my child because i feel that the time we spend together is better than the life i create for her. At the same time I want a house for her for stability, but i cant get a house unless i have a full time job. I am so confused.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  deardebra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. You and you and your child to have the best life you can provide, but a child grows up so fast and those special moments are what is really important. Some times in life the years go by so fast when your trying to get what you think is important in life. What people focus on and work for is trying to get a better life. But someone times we work so hard to get there that people miss what is truly important. Your child is a year old and those years go by very fast. You want your child to learn from you. There are many solutions. You could work night, work at home or work part time. I have no doubt you will accomplish everything you want to do in life and have a house. But these moments in like are precious. You want to create memories with your child. I feel that you want to be with your child. You want to provide the best, ***** ***** thing I want you to think about is you are the best for your child. It's those special moments that are made when you are with your child. The future takes time, but these moments where your child is growing up only happens once. I would look into online work or a part time job so you can have that time with your child. Thank you for your question.