RealSupport
RealSupport, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My sister-in-law has just been diagnosed with cancer. She has

My sister-in-law has just been diagnosed with cancer. She has a very positive attitude and the doctor will not know until after chemo and surgery this Christmas what her chances will be to survive. At this point it may be as low as 30%. My question is should I tell my two grown up children now that their aunt has cancer, or should I wait until their aunt tells them? We all plan to be together this Thanksgiving but live in different states.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this overwhelming situation.

Customer:

I understand and thank you for your comments

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is something only your sister-in-law should decide and you respect and support.

Customer:

I agree, but wanted to hear this too

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is tough, and that's why with your spouse and family as a team you need to support her and each other here.

Customer:

In conversation with her she neither said to say or to bring it up with anyone else, so I feel at this point to keep it to myself and my wife, but to support her. I want to thank you for your comments.