Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced, Board Certified practicing Pediatrician experienced in common parenting issues.
239748

My nephew is 33 months old and just starting to get the hang

My nephew is 33 months old and just starting to get the hang of potty training. He can go an 3 days with out an accident ( with making sure he gos potty at least once every two hours) but then it seems one day he just regresses and will wet two or three times in a day. He has only vocalized that he has to go potty maybe twice. Is he behind where he should be with this or is this normal?

Dr. Gupta :

Dr. Gupta :

This is a fairly normal pattern in many kids, and needs to be gently encouraged, without forcing the issue too much at this age,

Dr. Gupta :

I would recommend that you read this excellent advise online

Dr. Gupta :

and also this guide

Dr. Gupta :

As you can see from all the above links, it is important to remain relaxed rather than being forceful in regards XXXXX XXXXX training at this age :)

Dr. Gupta :

Please leave a positive feedback, and get back for any clarifications

Dr. Gupta :

Warm regards

Dr. Gupta :

Dr Gupta