Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My sister-in-law has said that my husband, her brother

My sister-in-law has said that my husband, her brother laid back on the couch when they were children and had her perform oral sex on him. She is an Alcoholic and my husband said that he did not remember it happening. His mother believes him but not her daughter. She has also said that two of my husbands friends raped her also. I do not understand why she would make this up, or why my husband would not say "NO IT DID NOT HAPPEN". Can you give me any insight

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This is a very credible story. This woman was abused when she was young, by her brother and by his friends.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Perhaps she is an alcoholic because of this.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

OF course his mother will support him. To do otherwise would make her appear to be a neglectful mother, and perhaps she was.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your husband would not admit to anyone that he was guilty of incest which is one of the biggest taboos in our culture.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There is no way to prove it, but it is very credible and may have happened.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There is nothing you can do about it as it happened long ago, and is not something that your husband will admit and may even have suppressed it from his conscious recollections.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This is old history and doesn't affect things now unless you begin to have obsessive thoughts about this.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Try to let it go as an unsavory possibility that can not be proven unless your husband steps forward and admits it - and he will probably not, whether it is true OR false.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC