How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Paige Your Own Question
Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1427
Experience:  Psychologist; Parent
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Paige is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Same situation as described in the 25 yr. old daughter

This answer was rated:

Same situation as described in the 25 yr. old daughter wants to be a man....she is just now moving in with her 'boyfriend', a transgender wtm, two roommates who all have no cash and don't work. My daughter is paying for the lease, food, gas, everything for four people. She won't even get a written agreement from them. She will be penniless in a year after her trust is gone. I have told her that I love her and will respect her decisions, but she wants continued $$ and more. What now?
Hello. You indicated that she wanted continued $, so I'm assuming you are supporting her to some degree. I would cut her off unless she gets an agreement from them, and I would also consider getting an agreement from HER about any money that you do give to her. She needs to learn by her own mistake and you are going to have to let her, as difficult as it is. She is 25 and can make these choices, even if they are bad ones. Let her learn her lesson and try to cut her off or at the very least, minimize her support.
Dr. Paige and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you