How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bonnie Your Own Question
Bonnie, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What steps do I need to take as the non-custodial parent for

Customer Question

What steps do I need to take as the non-custodial parent for if the custodial parent of our child violates our court ordered custody and visitation agreement?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

If you are referring to legal steps, you must file a complaint with the court which ordered the visitation so that mother is found to be "in contempt of the court". This will end a strong message to her to follow the order in the future. An attorney will know the exact procedure in your state.