How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask earthsister Your Own Question
earthsister, Parent
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 141
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
earthsister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Has my recent ex partner who Ive got a child to in a relationship

Customer Question

Has my recent ex partner who I've got a child to in a relationship already
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  earthsister replied 5 years ago.

earthsister :

Hello, I would like to assist you today.

earthsister :

I understand that you have an ex-partner with whom you have a child with?

JACUSTOMER-58t76v4r- : Hi,Yeah we not long spilt I just wanted to know if he is in a relationship already please
earthsister :

I would be more than happy to help you, however this is the Parenting forum for Just Answer. The closest thing that we may have for what you're looking for is "Dream Interpretation," but we do not currently have a psychic area that I am aware of. I could do my best to let you know what I think if you provide me with a little more information, if this is what you are seeking, from the view of a Parenting Professional?

JACUSTOMER-58t76v4r- : What is going to happen between me and my ex partner
earthsister :

How long have the two of you been separated?

JACUSTOMER-58t76v4r- : About a week
earthsister :

So this is very new. And have you spoken to him at all since then? Have either of you reached out to the other?

JACUSTOMER-58t76v4r- : It's ok il leave it at that I really wanted the first question answering thanks
earthsister :

Well again, I do want to help you, but can only give an opinion based off of the information provided. I will say that if you truly love him, don't wait for him to reach out to you first; he may be stubborn; however if he has been a good man to you and a good father to his son, if there is no abuse, physically, verbally, mentally, etc; and your breaking up was over something essentially minor (compared to the love that you have for one another, and the union of your family); reach out to him, and let him know how you feel.

earthsister :

And excuse me if I have any of this backward, meaning "good man" good father to son"; it could be a daughter, and you could be the man; I am not sure due to the limited information.

earthsister :

However the message is still the same; if that other person is special to you and your child, and the relationship can be and is worth being salvaged as I have mentioned above; do try to reach out, and express your want to continue your family.

JACUSTOMER-58t76v4r- : He doesn't want me though he wants someone else I think
earthsister :

Well unfortunately you cannot make someone else want you if they don't. And honestly, there are a million plus men in this world, many I am sure would more than want you. I know that as women we sometimes have a hard time letting a man go, especially if we have a child with him, because our dream is to have a family.

earthsister :

However, I do not recommend wasting your time waiting for someone who you know doesn't want you.

earthsister :

The two of you just broke up, it's too soon for either of you to truly get into another relationship. The best thing for either of you know would be to take time to yourself to reevaluate things, not to rush into another relationship that is destined to fail because we bring our old baggage into the new one.

earthsister :

and pardon, I meant "the best thing for either of you now"

earthsister :

His new relationship will probably fail; and who knows, he may come back to you; but I do not suggest waiting for that either; take this time to get yourself together, whether that's finishing up school, getting that new job, launching your own business, etc.. And most importantly raising your child; Do what you have to do (child support) to make sure that he is paying his end of supporting your child. And as long as he hasn't been abusive in anyway, work either through the courts or with him directly to schedule visitation time with his child. No matter if the two of you are going to be together or not, your child deserves to have a healthy relationship with both parents.

earthsister :

If you do need any further insight or opinions about this issue, please message for "earthsister." I will be more than happy to help.

Expert:  earthsister replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry, but I do not think that I understood your question to be for legal advice. I will opt out, and allow a law expert to help you. Thanks!
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!