DocRob
DocRob, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor & Father
65832423

For last 24 yrs, we had only one priority-our son. He was both

Customer Question

For last 24 yrs, we had only one priority-our son. He was both protected and pampered. I had never been bad to him. But a few times his mother had beaten him.
He now says, he did not get things easily-he had to beg(or threaten?). He says, when he was good he was called bad. Now he wants to show how bad he can be.
He does not show respect and love(except sometimes playing with the dog). Sometimes he tried to teach me how bad this world is.
But at the deep in his heart, I feel, there is a pain. What is it? How that can be taken out?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 5 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? From reading your information I am guessing your son is angry and resentful about his childhood and wants some recognition for what he went through. I think he may benefit from some councelling but also to sit down with you his parents and talk things through in order to move on and build a good adult relationship.
professional_Alison : If he has had bad experiences in childhood these need to be talked about and worked though before things can improve in your relationship. Let me know your thoughts I am here to help and advise you.
Expert:  DocRob replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for requesting me; unfortunately another colleague has started to answer in my stead. I am afraid I was busy at the time.

I remain happy to work with you on this issue provided professional_alison has no objections, since she has taken the time to respond.

Warmest regards,

Rob
Dr Sykes
Expert:  DocRob replied 5 years ago.
Hello, do you still need our help? If you get back to us and let us know what you want, either me or Alison can answer your question for you. INdeed, both of us probably can! I know I can certainly advise you further along the lines of our last discussion.
regards,
Rob