Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
63993671

Parenting is a stretch for this problem. I have two items

Parenting is a stretch for this problem. I have two items of clothes; one is a red, white, & blue striped shirt (the white isn't white anymore from the colors running) & I have an expensive orange top with white piping which has turned light orange. Any ideas?
Hello. We really do not have a category for you for your question. However with regards XXXXX XXXXX concern, you probably should have taken your clothes to the dry cleaners. It is always difficult when you have an item of clothing that is primarily white to know how to wash it correctly yourself.
You may want to try bleach when washing though sparingly. It may help whiten the white but also may lighten the other colors. Your best bet now is to take both shirts especially the more expensive one to a professional cleaning service for further advice so that you do not cause any more color malfunctions to the shirts.

Have an awesome day.
I would like to help you with your question.

Having colors bleed in the laundry is a common mistake that all of us make at some point in our life. While it's an awful feeling peeking into the wash machine to see what has happened...there can be a happy outcome. Here is a website that addresses that problem...along with a host of other laundry issues. I'd give their remedy a try and see if that doesn't solve the issue.

A professional dry cleaning service is unlikely to solve the problem any better than you do. But...as a last resort...and if the clothes are expensive to begin with..you might consider that option as a last resort.

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/laundry/a/laundrydisaster.htm

Good luck!
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience: Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you all for your advice. I wish I could give a tip to you, but I'm a widow on disability supporting my adult son who was in a bad accident and cannot work.

You are very welcome!

Take care!

Dr. L, Psychologist