professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

I am going to be a new mother in a little over 9 weeks! I feel

I am going to be a new mother in a little over 9 weeks! I feel so ready, yet so afraid. What if I'm not a good mother? What if I am way too young to be a mother (recently turned 24) What if my insecurities get in the way of being a good mother? What if I am still to immature and have not matured as much as I think I have over the years and especially since I've found out that I am pregnant. Another fear is whether my relationship with my boyfriend will grow or suffer after the new baby and what steps am I able to take to make sure that it grows!? Please help.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 5 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? First of all don't panic, what you ate feeling is perfectly normal, it's important to accept help where offered once the baby is born, don't be afraid to ask if there is something worrying you, health visitors are there to help. Also to read up on what to expect and relevant books about having a new baby.
professional_Alison : If you are your boyfriend talk about things and work as a team, supporting each other and recognising when
professional_Alison : One or the other needs a little extra help or support you will be fine!
professional_Alison : Having a baby is a wonderful amazing time, it can be tiring but it's important to enjoy and treasure every moment. Have confidence in yourself. Once the baby arrives take each day at a time. If the housework doesn't get done, don't worry it's important to take time to look after yourself as well as a new baby. I really wish you the very best of luck and do let me know if I can help you further.