Parenting

Have Parenting Questions? Ask a Parenting Counselor for Answers

Parenting

A son who attended Uni. + Docturate etc. etc. is treating

Customer Question
A son who attended Uni...
A son who attended Uni. + Docturate etc. etc. is treating his parents badly after taking over their successful business is taking them to court to take away their shares of 20percent. words to describe him are:-
arrogant controlling crel self important and has no emo.tion
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Parenting
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2012
Parenting Counselor: professional_Alison, Child Care replied 5 years ago
professional_Alison

professional_Alison :

Hello there, may I help you?

professional_Alison :

This is a difficult situation. The son is now an adult and has been very lucky to be grated the opportunity to take over the parents business. Can I ask if you are the parent of the son or extended family?

professional_Alison :

Is there a reason he has decided to take them to court to stop them getting their 20% share of the business?

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

This is happening to my friend

professional_Alison :

Has the business been handed over to him?

professional_Alison :

I see. What a hrroible situation, do you know what the parents have tried already?

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

The reason he wants there 20pcent is he would like to join another company and has to own all shares

professional_Alison :

Is he aware of the impact this is having on his parents? Is he appreciative of all they have done for him?

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

He has even stopped them seeing their two very young grandchildren unless they give in. the shares were kept to help with their old age expenses they are both 70 this year

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

He does not show appreciation seems devoid of emotion

professional_Alison :

He sounds like a very cruel man, using grandchildren as a bride unless he gets what he wants.

professional_Alison :

I dont think the parents should give in to this son, he sounds like he will stop at nothing to get his own way and greed is stopping him seeing theings clearly.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

What do you think

professional_Alison :

I recommend that his parents contact him by email or letter informing them of how disappointed they feel in his attitude towards them as his parents and also grandparents to his children. Explain that they will not give in to his greed. Put the ball into his court and say we love you and are here as parents and grandparents when you are reasy to have a normal respectful relationship.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

That is what his parent think it is Greed! He has had more help than any son or daughter I know.

professional_Alison :

*ready

professional_Alison :

Unfortunately sometimes very lucky children dont know when to relaise what they have and stop at nothing to get what they want.

professional_Alison :

It may be good idea for them to step back and let him realise that they are not going to junp everytim he makes demands.

professional_Alison :

He clearly doesnt appreciate them and value them in his life right now. If they werent there I wonder how he would manage then.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

That happened some time ago. he is about to take them to high court. it is not seeing the two girls that is tearing them apart

professional_Alison :

Is your son with the mother of the grand children, are they in contact?

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

He is an associate Director of wwhich there are not many in UK

professional_Alison :

The grandparents can keep contact going by letters, and phone for the time being if he will allow this

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

No he is totally controlling

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

Have you got a name for this type of person?

professional_Alison :

They dont seem to have much choice being that he is taking them to the high court. I recommend sending letters, emails even small gifts but that is as much as they can do at the moment. He sounds like a controlling man that is making his parents and grandchildren suffer because of his own wants.

professional_Alison :

He is just simply blinded by greed and doesnt see outside of the box so to speak. If only somone could talk to him and make him see the hurt he is causing.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

What is the matter with him is he mentally ill?

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

He is arrogant self important cruel and controlling

professional_Alison :

That would be difficult to say without more detail, he has just got this goal and he seems to want to achieve it no matter who or what gets in the way.

professional_Alison :

Money can do horrible things to people and unfortunately I feel this may be the case here.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

So you have no idea what is the root of his problem

professional_Alison :

Greed, I believe pure and simple. He doesnt seem to see past money and I am afraid that if the parents do not step away from him and only deal with him when legally required by the courts he will continue to harress and hurt those who love him.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

Yep that is what is happening at moment.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

thanks for chat

professional_Alison :

Please let me know if i can help you further, please accept if you are happy with my answer.

JACUSTOMER-ibv894rw- :

I am afraid you have just confirmed what new I was hoping for more indepth knowledge

Parenting Counselor: proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach replied 5 years ago
proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Hello....Your concerns are more of a Mental Health issue as opposed to Parenting. Would you like to be directed to a Mental Health expert?
proexpert37
proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach