How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 5334
Experience:  Dr.Mark is a psychologist in private practice who works with parents and children in resolving family issues.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not recieved any answer

Customer Question

I have not recieved any answer
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  RealSupport replied 5 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see you did not receive an answer. Could you please share your question for me to see if I can help you with it?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :


Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Apparently you disconnected. I will be here to answer your question once you post it. Please take your time. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I believe I can be of help with this issue.

I am assuming you are asking about your daughter and her wanting to live with her father. I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. You feel like you are having to choose between your partner and her.

I know that her not living with you would feel like you were betraying her. But I would like you to reconsider this. If her father is willing for her to live full time with him, then I believe she is right: that living situation is a more normal situation than the one she can have with you and your partner at this time.

Your partner would need to commit to becoming much more of a committed parent than he is willing to be at this time. And to start out parenting with a 14 year old who has her own ideas and isn't ready to accept his authority as a "stepdad" is not easy.

And so I'm not sure that there is enough to gain by going through the family therapy that would make it more of a healthy environment in your house for her if her father is willing for her to live there full time. The goal would be for you to have one day a week together. Then you could spend a little time at your house but time going out together, shopping, talking, lunch, etc. This might be easier on everyone.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button because: even though you have made a deposit, I do not get paid for my time unless you press ACCEPT. You are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing ACCEPT. Feel free to continue the discussion even after pressing ACCEPT as my goal is to get you the best answer possible. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, Dr. Mark

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I see you haven't responded yet to my answer. I would be very interested in hearing back from you on whether you thought my response was on target or if we need to continue with further clarification. Or if you feel there is no need to reply, I would appreciate your pressing ACCEPT so the site can credit me. Let me know,

Dr. Mark