How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask professional_Alison Your Own Question
professional_Alison, Child Care
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
professional_Alison is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello,Im going through a child support case right now against

Customer Question

I'm going through a child support case right now against my daughter's father. She's about to be 18 months old in about a week.He's currently in another state right now due to him being in the military and hasn't made no effort in helping to take care of her nor accepted responsibility.He acknowledges his other two children,but not my daughter,which hurts me alot.He claims he's not financially stable,so he's not able to help out like he should.But he's still out partying,being around females, and not having his priorities in order.Recently,he found out that i filed child support on him and since i wont stop the process nor come to an agreement with him,he decided to block my number from calling and texting his phone.Before my daughter was born we agreed that he will send what he can each month since he's already paying alot on child support twoards his other 2 kids,but he failed to do that (which is my reason of filing for CS).Im at the point now where i don't know if i should keep doors opened for him to see her (if he even does) or just file for full custody.I dont want my daughter to be around anyone who doesnt accept her nor loves her.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter's father. Although I am not in a position to provide legal advice, as a parenting expert I would suggest that you seek full custody with the anticipation of knowing that your daughter's father may give you a hard time. It may be a battle if he does create conflicts but you must continue to fight for the sake of your daughter. If he decides not to be a part of your daughter's life, then accept the fact and move on. However, do keep it in the back of you mind that he may want a relationship with her in the future as her father. Just leave the door open to that possibility.
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 5 years ago.
Hello there, may I help you?
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 5 years ago.

This is a very difficult case, it sounds as if the Father is resentful of the fact you have filed for CSA payments, this is what you are legally entitled to for you child.


If he wants to be involved in your child life this should not effect him wanting to see her. If you think it is in your child's best interests to file for full custody you should do it. What is best for her is what counts.


Even if you do get full custody and he decides he wants to see her then the doors can be opened by you if you feel it is in her best interests to develop a relationship with him.


The ball is really in his court, as he has blocked your number it is really down to him to choose to get in contact, perhaps he has done this because he is angry and will see reason once he has calmed down. Your child is what is important and it sounds like you are putting her interests first and should continue to do so.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He's mad at the fact that i'm not considering his financial situation,as to the reason why he can't help out with our daughter.But why should i even consider it when he's still going out every weekend and doing other things?Also,i gave him over a year to step up as a father,so i think that was good enough time for him to get certain things straighten out.Since he has blocked my number, would the courts be able to see that he's not being responsible in this situation?
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 5 years ago.
He may not want to be financially responsible if he doesn't want to take any part in your daughters life. You shouldn't worry about him being angry, you are doing what is right for your daughter, his social life is not a consideration on your part when thinking about financial support for your daughter. The courts would be able to see this situation for what is it which is simply a father that doesn't want to take any responsibility for his child. It would be a good idea to keep a diary of any further situations that occur with his so you have dates etc should it be required by the courts.
professional_Alison, Child Care
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
professional_Alison and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 5 years ago.
Please accept if you are happy with your answer. Many thanks