How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help! My 16 year has run away and I was able to get him back,

Resolved Question:

Help! My 16 year has run away and I was able to get him back, but he refuses to listen. He has spoke in my home against my rules. I must work and go to school. What are my options if he continues to be non compliant?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Was this the first time that your son has run away?
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
If your son has run way several times, you may want to file a police report. If he keeps up such behavior, he may need to be placed in a group home. Also, you need to get school counselors and private therapists involved to work with you and your son. Another option would be to place him in a boot camp type school.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you