JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Family Counselor
Experience:  Licensed to do family counseling including parenting skills
11914957

my ex partner is also on two different types of anti depressants

my ex partner is also on two different types of anti depressants could i use that against her in court as she is being so nasty with me .
Category: Parenting
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 5 years ago.

JaRee1993 :

The courts would not necessarily look at this as a negative thing if she is functioning well on the antidepressants. They could look at it as her being responsible and taking care of herself.

Customer:

i cant believe she has gone and changed my little girls name to her maiden name when she doesnt even use her maiden name. thought that was really terrible very hurting for me and seemingly on here ive been told i cant do anything about it.

JaRee1993 :

This is a question you need to talk with an attorney about. Who has custody of the child

Customer:

well i get child for 4 nights a fortnight but im on the birth certificate and provide for her financially.

JaRee1993 :

Who is considered the residential parent or the custodial parent? In other words are either one of you allowed to make the decision to change her name? if you are then the thing I would recommend is to talk with an attorney who can help you decide if you should change it back to original name.

Customer:

i thought in this country that if both parents were registered on the birth certicate then name couldnt be changed until kid wanted to come 16 years of age?

Customer:

im in the uk.