How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Nephew has a son to whom he takes care totally, the mother

Customer Question

My Nephew has a son to whom he takes care totally, the mother has abanded her responsibilities since birth. Can he type up a formal letter, having her sign over her paternal right?

The both of them met with a Social Worker resently and in this meeting she say's she can not take care of him because she has 6 other kids.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
The mother needs to sign the letter being of sound mind and body but also it needs to go through the court system.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean when you say go throught the court system? Do he need to retain a lawyer?
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it would be best to seek legal advice as well. You can ask further questions and address them to our legal experts for specific advice.

Have a great day.