How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks Jordan, So you dont feel that there may be any reason

Customer Question

Thanks Jordan,
So you don't feel that there may be any reason at this point to have him see an audiologist while he's still in the US? I don't necessarily think so, I just want to quell my mom's ideas. She can be such a buttinski!! But with great intentions....
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
An audiologist will check mostly hearing. If he seems to understand well and functions normally, then wait about a year or so and see a child speech therapist. Your mom is over reacting a bit. :)

Have a great day.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thought so...thanks again!
I think she is using this as a diversion b/c she doesn't want to address the things in her own life that need to be addressed. She's a RN by training (and heart, and a very heart at that) and always needs to feel she has a purpose in life and this is probably something that she can focus on for now to help her bury her own issues.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.