proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

My 6 yr old keeps peeing on his floor. He has a step dad.

My 6 yr old keeps peeing on his floor. He has a step dad. I have tried talking to him. He tells me he is to lazy to go to the bathroom. I clean his room and not making a big deal of it. I tell him a have cleaned his room and it doesn't smell any more. It doesn't seem to get him to stop.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Does your son pee on he floor at school?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No he only does it at home.
Hello and Thank You for responding. If your son is peeing on the floor during the nighttime hours when everyone is asleep,he may simply be afraid of the dark and needs a night light. If he is peeing on the floor during the day, make it a fun game for a while to pee in the toilet. Tell your son that he can place 10 Cheerios in the toilet and use them as targets when he uses the bathroom. He should like that! It should work. If he continues to pee on the floor, start making him clean it up. Also, you can create a behavior chart to reinforce the days when he pees in the toilet. Each day that he uses the toilet correctly during the entire day, he gets a sticker for that day. When he has received 10 stickers, and they do not have to be on consecutive days, he gets a really special treat or outing. After several weeks of successful behavior, change the number to 15 and then 20 and then you should be able to eliminate the reward system. His behavior will have changed and he will be using the bathroom appropriately.

Have a good weekend!