proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

MY 9 year old daughter is always in a negative frame of mind,

Customer Question

MY 9 year old daughter is always in a negative frame of mind, I feel like I am walking on egg shells from the minute I wake up, it is getting to the stage that I just cannot cope anymore and I need help to help her, she is finding school difficult and struggles with her written work, which she is getting one to one support at school. I have asked teachers for help, no support, I have asked my doctor for help and no support their, is there not anywhere I can get help when I need it?????
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 6 years ago.

ParentingMD :

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's problems

ParentingMD :

I am also disappointed that neither your doctor nor the school authorities have taken measures to assist you in this situation

ParentingMD :

I would like to know for starters if other people (Except you) are facing similar problems handling your daughter

ParentingMD :

This is because her problems may be related to a relationship issue between both of you, rather than a general behavioral problem

ParentingMD :

If this is NOT the case,

ParentingMD :

then certainly she needs to be evaluated by a counselor for learning disabilities,

ParentingMD :

depression

ParentingMD :

and school specific issues like bullying etc.

ParentingMD :

Also you need to get in touch with her counselor too, since your relationship with her is obviously getting affected too

ParentingMD :

This should help in the present situation

ParentingMD :

Please remember to accept the answer by pressing the GREEN accept button, do get back for any clarifications

Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. How long has your daughter been having the problems at school? Is she in a regular classroom setting? What have her teachers already told you about her academic behavior. Does she have any siblings? Are both parents living in the home? Thank you.