How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a daughter who will turn 16 this october,has for the

Resolved Question:

I have a daughter who will turn 16 this october,has for the last 1 month abruptly shown some behavior that are not quiet consistent with her earlier behavior. She now does not want to speak or hear from us (parents) Displays extremes of emotion Threatens to report to social services.Does not want any kind of disciplines or rules. Does not even give us an opportunity to address the issue.It all started when we discovered that she was dating some boy and did not come home until after 11.30PM.She had lied to us that she was going toa movie with another friend. We are not sure how this will play both in the short term and in the long term.Ours is a loving family.We do believe in academic .We had made an exception to her. Please guide us
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter. Right now, she is being highly manipulated by her boyfriend and other disobedient friends. She is also struggling between being a teenager and trying to be an adult. She thinks she is on top of the world and does not need the guidance of parents right now. If you have tried and tried your hardest to get her to listen and to change and nothing seems to be working, your first step may be to get her into counseling. Talk to her pediatrician for a referral. She needs to discuss her problems with a neutral third party to give her some intervention and coping strategies. You may want to try group family counseling as well so that you all are on the same page with what is happening.

Have a great Monday.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you