How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband and I have 3 children. A 15, 7, and 4 year old.

Customer Question

my husband and I have 3 children. A 15, 7, and 4 year old. My husband works and he also farms after work and on weekends. We have been married 16 years and im completely torn right now. My 15 year old hates her dad.and has no respect for him.....she says he has never been there for her and she dont want her younger siblings to go through him not being around for them. She will hardly speak to him and tells others how she dislikes him. i am super involved with all of my childrens activities and have recently been diagnosed with depression. She blames him cause I am so busy taking care of everything around and This is what she.says.she hates.him for. What can I do?? Ive tried talking ro her but she.feels he hates her and isnt.interested in anything she does. My husband and I are not.getting along at all now. I told him 10 years ago he needed to start being involved with her more and much....i cant betray her either.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Your oldest daughter is going through the emotional years of being a teenager. But the other issue is the relationship between you and your husband. First and foremost, that marital relationship must be strengthened. Since you mentioned depression, you may need to discuss your feelings with a professional like a psychologist or counselor. Then you can work on your marriage and then the relationship with your daughter and husband. Family therapy may need to be an option at this point as well so that all parties involved can get things in the open and learn intervention and coping strategies.