How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bonnie Your Own Question
Bonnie, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former spouse and I were divorced three months ago, but

Resolved Question:

My former spouse and I were divorced three months ago, but have been separated since 1 1/2 years ago. Our daughter is soon to be 3 so she doesn't recall us all in the same home. She does however know who her mom and who her dad is.

My ex has had her boyfriend living with them off and on since the divorce. How can we minimize the confusion for our daughter with another man, not her father, living in the house now? Is there any specialist we as co-parents can meet with that would offer advice or suggestions on this subject?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA.

There are specialist who do co--parenting counseling. They can generally be found if you call the law offices of lawyers who practice Collaborative Divorce and ask for names of co-parenting counselors. If you "search/google" these terms Collaborative Divorce and Co-parenting counselor, you may be able to find someone as well.

Just for your information...children can generally pick up the concept of really daddy (who they call Daddy) and "step" daddy (who they call by name) pretty quickly.

I hope this helps.

Bonnie and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you