proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Hi, For the past few months, my daughter has been keeping

Customer Question

For the past few months, my daughter has been keeping secrets about someone that's been bullying her. Bullying is a euphemism. This is a grown-up bully. She says she's "scared" to tell me what he does and says because he might know that she told. What is the best way to encourage her to express herself. The more she is around this person, the more she shuts down. I can't keep her away from this person until I know what's going on. Thanks.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the bullying that your daughter is experiencing. How old is your daughter? Has she given you any idea about where the bullying is happening?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My daughter is 4. The bullying is happening at a relatives.
Hello and Thank You for responding. If your daughter will not open up to you and you would like her to improve her communication skills, you may want to seek counseling for her in which a counselor/psychologist will utilize play therapy to break through to your daughter. It will be an attempt to prevent and resolve psychological challenges that your daughter is manifesting and how your daughter can use intervention and coping strategies.
Thank you!!!