How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bonnie Your Own Question
Bonnie, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i deal with the kids who give me grief how cn they better

Resolved Question:

how do i deal with the kids who give me grief how cn they better understand me even tho their hormones are going crazy? not likely to happen yah till they get around to it ~they smoke pot lots of it! i cud wait lifetimes before that changes rite?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for confiding in JA,
It sounds like your children are very angry, maybe with you, maybe with other things. But they need help to deal with their anger. They should get some individual counseling for their intense emotions and unhealthy self-medication using pot. The therapy should include family sessions so that you can let them know how this all makes you feel too and to improve your relationships.

You do not need to wait for them to outgrow this on their can help to prevent them from going down the same road as father....

Please contact your health insurance company or primary MD for some suggestions for therapy. Good luck.
Bonnie and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you