How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1492
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Im wondering, my bf and I have broken up for about 9months

Customer Question

Hi, I'm wondering, my bf and I have broken up for about 9months now & we have a 3 yr old son. Now we signed this agreement saying he gets to have care o him while his off work on his days off. Is there any way I can get out of this agreement?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
If it is not a legal agreement or court ordered then you simply can take your child and not let Jamie see him. He would have to take you to court to get visitation. If it is court ordered then you would have to go back to court to amend it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We signed a letter in front of a JP about seeing our son is there a way I can get this letter revoked? I am unhappy with it as it was Jamies mother who had wrote it on his behalf so I think that everything that had been said was in his best interests not mine also.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Maybe the JP can void it. You might have to call that person and see how you proceed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I want to know even though a JP has signed it do I still have to keep the terms of the agreement? And what will happen if I didn't?
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, you need to ask a lawyer or the JP.