How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bonnie Your Own Question
Bonnie, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what steps do you take if you are not able to contact your

Customer Question

what steps do you take if you are not able to contact your child? and we feel if we cant contact the child, then why should we pay child support?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting JA with your question:
If there is a court order for visitation, then the parent who is not notifying you of child's whereaboutss is in comtempt of court. You can take legal action but really need to consult an attorney. There are family law experts here.

If you are paying child support through the courts, then, court must know the child's address and should give it to you.

If you do not have court ordered visitation or of there is a no contact order, you can petition the court for visitation. Again, an attorney's guidance is recommended.

Good luck!!